Yoga & Meditation
Yoga is practiced all across the globe now days. Yoga offers numerous benefits and releases or diminishes pain, suffering, stress, inabilities of an individual. Good health is a pre requisite of all living being. Let’s glance through some amazing & major benefits of practicing yoga, viz:
- Improves Flexibility & Posture – Practicing yoga leads to loosening of the body muscles from head to toe enabling flexibility in body and improvises an appropriate posture enabling an erect spine with the help of forward bends, backbends and twists.
- Drains lymphs & Boosts Immunity– While practicing yoga when you stretch and contract muscles, this increases the lymph drainage in your body. This in turn helps fight infection and dismantle cells that are cancerous in nature leading to disposing of toxic waste products from the body.
- Increases Blood Flow– By practicing yoga the circulation of blood in your body is regularized and helps get extra oxygen to the cells. Not only this but practicing yoga boosts hemoglobin levels & red blood cells in your body which leads improvement in the heart conditions which includes strokes and heart attacks.
- Constitutes to a Healthy Lifestyle– Practicing yoga regularly formulates an impeccable lifestyle of a person with improved health benefits and burns calories increasing your emotional and spiritual dimensions.
- Makes you Relaxed & Focused– Practicing yoga slows the breath, lowers the breathing, heart rates & blood pressure and makes you focused on the present by improving your memory, problem solving ability & co ordination.
Meditation on the other hand is a way in which you acquaint your mind with virtue. The closer your mind’s relation is with virtue the more it will experience calmness & peace. With a calm and a peaceful mind you can discover yourself afresh and you will be free from discomfort and worries. This will in turn lead to experiencing true happiness. Meditation protects you from disturbed thoughts, helps you have a clear perception & mind, brings about peace in heart and keeps you away from mental & emotional stress.
Meditation offers different categories of benefits, such as – general, health, spiritual, mental benefits. Let’s have a look at some of these benefits at large-
General Benefits– improves concentration, makes your mind alert, calm and highly focused, you are able to achieve better clarity and improves your ability to communicate, rejuvenates and relaxes your entire mind, body and soul.
Health Benefits– Maintains a good levels of blood pressure and blood lactate, diminishes or removes anxiety, feeling of depressing, mental stress, emotional imbalances, insomnia, improves your mood and makes you feel positive and strong, improves health conditions and immune system.
Spiritual Benefits– it brings about transformation in your soul when you learn about who you are and what is your sole purpose of being born. It creates a feeling of vastness and eventual calmness bringing about harmony in your actions and words.
Mental Benefits– you feel more happy and relaxed, experience a stress free life and peace of mind, develops intuition, sharpens your memory and mind, helps you develop clarity of thought, words and actions, you gain confidence and peace from within, clears any kind of frustration, anger and negative thoughts or feelings.
Meditation immensely helps students too. It develops confidence, gives you inner strength, peace of mind, harmony in thoughts and actions, increases focus and ability to remember things. Meditation simply adds more number of hours to your happy day. Not only this but it reduces the effects of ageing, your start appreciating each day that God has blessed you with and helps you get a sound sleep in the night. You wake up fresh and delighted and content.